Tuesday, April 18, 2017

My Thoughts Now

Well it's been a while since I left General Motors, or should I say when General Motors left me. In that time I've worked for BMW and now VW/Porsche based out of Herndon, Virginia USA, which is right next-door to Washington, D.C., the Nation's Capital. So I'm right in the middle of where car manufacturers mix with politics. I'm sure I'll have more to say on that but I digress, back to General Motors aka: GM. In 2017 GM has decided to sell it's European arm Opel and to close manufacturing down at GM Holden in Australia and home of the venerable V8. It seems that every year that goes by, I recognize the General Motors that I grew up in and loved, less and less. I see a future where GM will have to team up with the likes of PSA or FCA just to survive. This saddens me greatly, especially since I own some of their greatest muscle cars ever built by Pontiac and Holden. All I can do now is hope GM finds its way in the future to come, and thank them for the great memories ...

No comments:

Post a Comment